Keeping your skin well-moisturized is essential. This is especially true for hunters since the weather in the wilderness is often harsher than in the city
Today, we will share the best unscented lotion for hunters. But before we do, its important to understand why such a lotion is essential for a hunter.
Why is an unscented lotion necessary for hunters?
There are a few good reasons why an unscented lotion is better for a hunter. The most important one includes:
- If you use a scented lotion while hunting, your prey might be able to detect your presence, and your hunting trip will become exponentially more difficult.
- If you simply choose not to not apply the lotion because you want to stay discreet, your skin can dry out quickly, and cause other dramas.This is important because it often gets really cold in the morning and after sunset in the wild.
- An unscented lotion is also a great option if you find yourself getting a rash or some kind of irritation from a regular lotion.
Now that you are aware of why such a lotion is essential, it is time to look at the three best unscented lotion for hunters.
[BEST OPTION] Dead Down Wind Odorless Hand & Body Lotion
The USP of this lotion is that it is entirely unscented on a stand-alone basis. Other than that, it also prevents any odor formation on your skin. That is the reason why it can make your hunting expedition even easier.
Apart from this, it has a long-lasting composition. That way, once you apply it, your skin will remain moisturized for multiple days. Because of the same, applying it, again and again, is not a necessity. It truly is the best unscented lotion for hunters, and has quite a few features that we will cover below.
- The lotion is suitable for people with sensitive skin. That is why skin compatibility is not going to be an issue when going with this lotion.
- Since it primarily consists of coconut oil, it is gentle on your skin even with frequent use. The purity of coconut oil is such that even in harsh cold, it will keep your skin moisturized.
- The all-natural ingredients ensure you won’t have to worry about greasy or highly oily skin after applying this lotion. Since your skin will remain the same even after application, you won’t have to worry about losing grip if you’re applying it to your hands and palms.
- You can buy it in a pack of 3 with 8 ounces of lotion in every pack. That is why; you won’t have to worry about buying a pack soon since that will last a long time.
- Extremely long-lasting
- Completely natural ingredients
- Helps you retain moisture for long
- Prevents skin odor as well
- Suitable for any type of skin
- Packaging could have been better.
[Second Best Option] Eucerin Advanced Repair Lotion
The main reason this unscented lotion is on my list is that it offers 48-hour moisture. For those forty-eight hours, it will keep dry skin at bay and ensure that your skin remains smooth. That is why, even on a multi-day hunting expedition, you won’t have to worry about reapplying this lotion daily.
The design is pretty convenient, and it comes with a pump. Because of the same, reapplication isn’t going to be a problem.
- If you look at its composition, it consists of natural ingredients to boost the moisture content in your skin. Apart from that, it also enriches your skin with ceramide. Even if your skin is extremely dry, a small amount of this lotion can moisturize it easily.
- The fragrance-free design ensures that reapplication of this lotion won’t hamper your hunting efforts. Not only is it fragrance-free but paraben-free. It does not consist of any dyes either. In a nutshell, even if you use it regularly, there is no harm.
- The fast-absorbing design of this lotion ensures that you won’t have to wait long after the application to commence your expedition. There will be no loss of grip because of the non-greasy composition of this lotion, either.
- It comes in a single bottle of 16.9 fluid ounces. Also, the bottle comes with a pump and is highly portable and compact. That is why, if you want to carry it with you out in the wild, you can certainly do so.
- Easy to use
- Compact and portable bottle
- Helps you retain moisture for 48 hours
- Enriches your skin
Better used only on hands.
[3rd Best Option] Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion
If you prefer an unscented lotion designed for sensitive skin, go with this option. Even though it is designed for sensitive skin, you can use it if you have dry skin. It works with all skin types but specifically designed for sensitive ones.
With 24-hour hydration on offer, once you apply it, you need not think about it again until the next day. So you can better focus on the hunting trip rather than keeping your skin hydrated.
- It has no greasy formula and no added fragrance. It absorbs quickly, so you can focus on your hunting trip without worrying about greasy hands. The paraben-free formula ensures that even in the longer run, there are no side effects of using this lotion.
- In addition to moisturizing agents, it consists of vitamin E and pro-vitamin B5. Because of the same, it enriches your skin consistently.
- The lotion design is such that you can use it for your hands, feet, knees, and even face. By going with this single lotion, you can keep the skin all over your body hydrated and moist. There is no need to carry any other lotion with you.
- The pump-based design ensures that application is certainly going to be easy. Not only that, the bottle is pretty compact. That is why; keeping it in your backpack isn’t going to be a problem.
- Non-comedogenic design
- Helps you retain moisture for 24 hours
- Quickly absorbing design
- Suitable for most parts of the body
- Needs to be applied in higher quantities
Just because you’re going for a hunting expedition doesn’t mean you don’t look after your skin. With these Best unscented lotion for hunters, you can keep your skin moist and not worry about any scent coming off your skin. These are the best in the category, therefore, when you’re going with these unscented lotions, you won’t have to worry about scaring off your prey (oh, and dry skin)!